Thursday, November 26, 2009

GIVING THANKS, FOOD & FOOTBALL!




Mr. Turkey hiding in my geraniums! (metal yard stake from Pack-n-Mail, Ennis, TX)


Looking forward to watching the Dallas Cowboys play today (on TV----wish I were going to the game!). Go Cowboys! Are you a football fan? Will you be watching the game???


Wishing you a fun, safe & Happy Thanksgiving! Patti


A few favorite quotes:


"We can learn so much by observing the way our pets rejoice in life's simplest moments. For a dog, every morning is Christmas morning. Every walk is the best walk, every meal is the best meal. Take time every day to celebrate the many gifts that are hidden in the ordinary events of your life." - Cesar Millan, The Dog Whisperer


Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good. Psalm 136:1


Speaking of football games-------"Thanksgiving dinners take eighteen hours to prepare. They are consumed in twelve minutes. Half-times take twelve minutes. This is not coincidence." - Erma Bombeck


4 comments:

Anne Lorys said...

That is so true what you said about dogs, aren't they just a joy?
Wishing you a very Happy Thanksgiving!
Anne

Brenda Pruitt said...

I'm spending a quiet day home with the pets while the husband is at the hospital. Rather enjoying my solitude with NOOOO football!
Brenda

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Patti, I hope that you are having a wonderful Thanksgiving, too! We had a great time today on a "date," just the two of us. Mr. Magpie is feeling MUCH better, and we went to our favorite restaurant for a fabulous brunch. We missed being with our friends and the plans in NC, but this was just the perfect day. So I'm thankful. We had glorious weather, too. God is good!

XO,

Sheila :-)

GranthamLynn said...

Hi so great to find you. I love the little Turkey. I am a neighbor. I am near Texas Motor Speedway. I came over after finding you in the White Wed. list. I didn't get to post today but could have posted the snow. Did you get some?
Well it was nice to meet you. I'll come.
Have a Blessed Thursday,
Sherry

Related Posts with Thumbnails