Wednesday, November 4, 2009

BLACK AND WHITE QUILT !


(double-click to enlarge photo)
Had to share with you this black and white quilt displayed in the Creative Arts Building at this year's Texas State Fair! It's done by Sandra S. Davis. Isn't it awesome! I love the embroidered baskets! The quilts are hanging way up at the tops of the walls, so this photo was snapped from floor level and at an angle. It's so much fun walking around the room looking at all these! I'm sure they hang them way up there, so people don't touch or damage them. (The card in my digital camera started going bad, so my brother snapped this for me with his iphone. Thanks, Keith!)


3 comments:

The Quintessential Magpie said...

That's a really neat quilt. Thanks for sharing it with us. Like the black and white.

XO,

Sheila

Karen Valentine said...

Hi Patti! Thanks for coming over to say hi, and thanks for your sweet comment about my garden. It really thrives from October to about May.

The scrolly frame I use is from one of the digital scrapbook sites. You can find all kinds of cool digital elements. The frame is by Gypsy Chick. I'm sure if you google her some of those sites will come up. I think the name of the kit is called Artistic photo frames, but there are really so many to choose from.

I hope that helps. If you have any more questions please don't hesitate to email me and I will try to help more. Have a great weekend!

Karen
My Desert Cottage

www.MaisonStGermain.com said...

What a great quilt and unique idea. I like the black and white too.
~Debra Capers of the Vintage Vixens

Related Posts with Thumbnails