Thursday, July 14, 2011

WHERE BLOGGERS CREATE 2011 PARTY! WELCOME TO MY STUDIO!



Welcome to my Dreams and Decor Studio! I'm so excited to have you visit and I'm so thrilled to be participating again this year in the Where Bloggers Create 2011 Party hosted by the sweet and talented Karen Valentine of My Desert Cottage! Come on in, look around, and make yourself comfortable. Let's start the tour, shall we?.........The pink fainting couch above is one of my favorite pieces of furniture. You can read here how we happened upon it, with it's sweet sentimental meaning to us.

We'll start the tour by going upstairs to my studio. I have a collection of wall crosses, most of which were given to me by friends and family.


























Come on in! We'll go counter-clockwise around the room.










I actually never would have thought about making my own space for projects if it hadn't been for seeing the creative spaces of all of you wonderful bloggers! I'm so thankful you shared them with us! We had just been using this room as a "catch all" for extra furniture, etc. and now it serves a purpose and I feel so blessed to have a space where I can work on projects, but most of all it helps so much to have all my supplies (trim, ribbon, buttons, scrapbook paper, crepe paper, ephemera, paint, markers, etc.) together in one area!





I've made several changes since last year's tour. I love to rearrange and repurpose things. I actually just purchased "Audrey" last month at Ross. She was a "steal" for this size of canvas! I've had the old wooden sconces for what seems like forever; they were purchased at the Canton Trade Days and I had never used them together till now (I've only used one here or there by itself in the past).





I moved my chalkboard from the breakfast nook in the kitchen to the studio, when we got a mirror for that wall in the kitchen. It was made from an old, empty frame I bought and painted white.




The pillows rest on a hope chest Big D gave me when we got engaged. The filigree Texas Star is from Paul Michael's in Canton. It was such a bargain I couldn't pass it up but hadn't actually known where I would put it at the time. Atop the lawyer's bookcase is one of my birdcages. I LOVE birdcages. LOL! The dress form canvas was previously in the master bathroom, but I moved it in here a while back.





The black and white sign and the Paris pillow just arrived yesterday from Lori at Katie's Rose Cottage. Perfect timing! I ordered them to use elsewhere but they were just what I needed to finish off the studio! Thank you, Lori, for the lightning-fast delivery! I love them!
























The burgundy pillow and the green pillow were pulled in from the guest room. I got the burgundy and white toile fabric to cover the seat cushion from Check It Out Fabrics in Waxahachie, Texas. I LOVE toile!





I've had this beaded window valance for a while and finally put it up in here.





I got the glass cloche from Laurie Anna's in Canton. The egg jewelry container was a birthday gift. The peacock was purchased as part of a pair at an after-Christmas clearance sale for a very small Christmas tree I plan to decorate with peacock feathers and small blue & green ornaments next Christmas.
















I LOVE using old sheet music in projects.






I LOVE birds and nests.......






...and old alarm clocks!






A teapot I inherited from my grandmother Sophie (Meemaw), which my Dad brought back from Japan for her from when he was stationed there in the service years ago.











Did I mention I love birds! The white and silver ones are from Laurie Anna's. The wooden-looking ones in the cloche, which are actually resin, are from Paul Michaels.





















The wire postcard holder is from Paul Michaels. The shelf above the sewing machine is from a booth in the Arbors in Canton a few years ago, which was on clearance and was actually a planter, but I turned it upside down to use as a shelf to hold some of my vintage cameras. The rest are on the shelves in the den.










Here's the ribbon rack Big D had made for me. I think he got tired of spools of ribbon everywhere around the house! LOL!


















The studio is about 10' x 10' plus this extra little area here by the door. We'll head back downstairs......















I really hope you enjoyed the tour. Please drop in on the other participants and see their creative spaces at Where Creative Bloggers Create 2011 Party. Have fun! Come back soon! And may all your dreams be sweet!

26 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your fainting chair and all of the little birds that you have in your space! :) Thanks for sharing!

~Alli

Holly Loves Art said...

I LOVE it here! So inviting and wonderful an colorful! It's so wonderful to feel happy in our creative spaces isn't it? I can tell you do!
Cheers,
Holly

Karen Valentine said...

You did a wonderful job carving out your own little space! It look cozy and inviting! Thank you so much for sharing it with us! I'm so glad you inspired to do this for yourself!
xo,
Karen

Kathy said...

Great Tour! I love your cross collection, they look great along your staircase. Wonderful space to create. Kathy

Rebecca Nelson said...

Love how you made your own space uniquely your OWN. I love Miss Audrey...my grandgirl has her kind of eyes...

Blessings to you as you create my friend. May God blessed your talented hands.

xoRebecca

Anonymous said...

Love you pretty space and you fainting couch!! I just did a little post a bit ago on the one that a friend gave me recently- not as fancy as yours but I love it still!

Nola said...

I love, love, love the birdcage and the planter-turned-shelf! I've never looked at a planter and had the creativity to see it as a shelf ( that has changed now, as I'm walking around looking at my various planters; I need shelves waaaay worse than planters, hehe!).
If that beaded valance disappears, you can look for it in MY bedroom; it is the perfect color and I have a lampshade that's in the same colors and has the same beaded trim! You are lucky Big D is so talented; send him to my house, I have a few projects he could help me with!
Hugs, Nola

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Very cool studio! Have a nice week! Twyla

EVERYTHING ANASTACIA said...

Wow...thanks for the tour! I've never seen such beautiful collection of crosses. I loved it.
I love your fainting chair, and birdcages.
It was nice to see your space.
I hope you'll get a chance to peek at mine.
Take care,
~Reina

Dreams and Decor said...

Thanks for your sweet comments, Nola! I don't know what made me think of using that planter as a shelf except that it was on clearance for only $8.00 & I just knew I had to think of somewhere or some way I could use it! hee! hee! I got the beaded valance about 3 yrs ago or so at Walmart----yes, Walmart, back when they really had some cool drapes! re: Big D---I wouldn't have been able to do this post w/o his help--he took the photos, helped me hang up a lot of stuff I hadn't put up yet, and overall just "get it all together"--he was a real sweetie! Love ya, cousin! Patti

Celestina Marie said...

Wonderful space with great storage and display ideas. I am inspired once again. I know you must so enjoy your time spent in this fabulous studio.
Love your cross collection going up the staircase. I have one too, but not on the stair wall. You have given me a new idea.

Happy Creating,
xo Celestina Marie

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

What a great found space, Patti! I think it worked out very well that you realized this room would be better utilized as a creative space rather than a catch-all room! : ) Love your bulletin board and the dress form canvas. Love the new Paris pillow, too. What a great room to sit and get inspired in, too!

Unknown said...

I am so enjoying my visits to everyone's creative spaces...

Just inspiring...

Love the Audrey Hepburn canvas. She's a favorite!

Terri said...

Thanks for the tour I really enjoyed visiting where you create! Cool stuff!! TFS!!

Lori @ Katies Rose Cottage Designs said...

Your studio is awesome!!
Thank you so much for the mention about the things you got from me!
Hugs,
Lori

Creative Grammie said...

You have a lovely space! I noticed your Viking machine and got excited; I have one too, but I think mine is a little older. I loaned it to a dear friend 20+ years ago, last year she gave it back to me 'cause she said she just doesn't have time to sew let alone mending. I turned it on and it still works. They're great machines.
Thank you for the tour of your lovely place, it was fun.

Unknown said...

bon soir patti..well didn't YOU just make my night with your ever-so-enthusiastic and kind compliments about my studio. made me smile it did! ") so happy you liked it all. as for your creative haven...love the fainting chair...LOVE the collection of crosses as you approach your studio and LOVe the sweet "oiseaux" everywhere! So sweet! :)

Sara said...

Its just lovely.I really like all the crosses. Hugs Sara

Valery Klassen said...

Love your creative space. Your cross collection is simply beautiful.

Renee said...

You have such an interesting space. I love the Audrey picture. Looks like a fun place to create.

Anonymous said...

Hello!
It's so nice to have come across your blog!
I just adore your Paris pillow and bird cage...and that yummy vintage sheet music is gorgeous stuff!

I'm now following you, and I'd love to have you visit with me too. Have a great day!

CIAO BELLA!



CREATIVE CARMELINA

Jilly said...

I like your cross collection, it is awesome and great. They look great along your staircase. Wonderful space to create.
glove companies

Terry said...

You space is fantastic! I agree with you - I never thought about taking a room of my own until I stumbled upon bloggers who create and saw their wonderful places. Isn't is great to have your own space?!
Terry

Anonymous said...

love the Audrey picture! And I love Ross too, always a deal to be had there! It's nice to have a fun creative space, your ribbon shelf is so cute.

Mari Brown and Colourblob said...

Lovely space and I really like the saying you have on the wall.

Mari

Barbara said...

Great job, I love the crosses on the staircase.
Nice to visit with you after a long vacation.

Barbara

Related Posts with Thumbnails