I was glad that everyone loved them!
The entire recipe is listed at the end of this post.
What's a girl to do when she finds such beautiful red, green and yellow peppers at the market? Why, make party pinwheels, of course!
Red bell pepper...
Black olives (bought presliced, actually more like minced--- no need to chop!)
Sprinkle green onions, red, green and yellow bell peppers, celery, black olives, and cheese over the cream cheese mixture.
Roll up the tortillas, then wrap them tightly in plastic wrap. Chill 2 hours or overnight. Cut off ends of the rolls, and slice the chilled rolls into 1 inch slices.
I would like to also try these with spinach (green) tortillas and sun-dried tomato (red) tortillas for some extra flavor and color. Wouldn’t a platter of red and green pinwheels look gorgeous during the Christmas season!
• 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
• ½ package Hidden Valley Fiesta Ranch dip mix
• 2 green onions, minced
• 4 (12 inch) flour tortillas
• 1/2 cup red bell pepper, diced
• ½ cup green bell pepper, diced
• ½ cup yellow bell pepper, diced
• 1/2 cup diced celery
• 1 (2 ounce) can sliced black olives
• 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar or other cheese
1. Using an electric mixer, combine cream cheese and dip mix. Mix until smooth. Spread this mixture on each tortilla. Sprinkle green onions, red, green and yellow bell peppers, celery, black olives, and cheese over the cream cheese mixture. Roll up the tortillas, then wrap them tightly in plastic wrap.
2. Chill 2 hours or overnight. Cut off ends of the rolls, and slice the chilled rolls into 1 inch slices.
3. Put on a pretty platter & ENJOY!
I have found these are best made the night before the party, all the way to rolling and wrapping them up. Then, before the party, you won't be rushing trying to make these (otherwise, allow plenty of time for all the chopping)---just take them out of the fridge and slice them and arrange on a nice platter.
When you try these out, please let me know what you think!