Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Wild Petunias

Don't you love these soft colors? The greens and the purple are so pretty together! The flowers are Wild Petunias (Ruellia brittoniana) in Mom & Dad's back yard. I went over there Saturday morning to pick up Mom to take her for a day of shopping in Waxahachie and out for a special lunch for Mother's Day, and they were blooming & so pretty, I was glad I had my camera with me. The blooms close up in the evening.

We had lunch at the haunted restaurant, Catfish Plantation,
http://www.catfishplantation.com/ It was so delicious! (& our waitress, Heather, was so sweet! We asked her if she had ever seen the ghost, herself. She said no, but things she set down ended up missing or in different places than where she left them! spooky!) We had fried catfish filets, green beans, black-eyed peas seasoned to perfection, and a very tasty coleslaw that was so different and wonderful! It had a refreshing and almost apple-taste to it (was there apple juice in the dressing???); it even had finely chopped tomatoes and green bell pepper in it---YUM! It was an awesome lunch and an awesome day! Most of all we had so much fun spending time together, talking, laughing, and of course shopping!

1 comment:

Nola said...

I actually chop apples up very finely and put them in my slaw. It was Mama's recipe, and we love it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails