Thursday, May 15, 2008

IT'S A MATERIAL WORLD

BLACK & WHITE FABRIC from Check it Out Design Center www.checkitoutfabrics.net. I love to "check it out" there (pardon the pun!) as often as possible because you never know what great new fabrics they're going to have! They always have bolts in the front of the store that are at really great prices! There's a quick turn-over, so they're always getting new fabrics in. And they always carry not only traditional but the trendiest! This time, several fabrics were 50% off! yeah! I got a yard of the awesome upholstery-weight black & white toile shown above for only $7.50/yard (regularly $15). (It's got sheep & goats & dogs & birds---I love it! Double-click photo for close-up but not all the animals showed up in this photo-sorry) I'm going to redo the cushion on my hope chest. The hope chest is located under a window which I'm going to dress up in a valance out of the black & white "Paris" fabric above, also upholstery-weight, for only $4.50/yard (regularly $9)! My seamstress skills are sadly lacking, so I plan to try the window "mistreatment" from The Nester's blog (love that blog!) http://nestingplacenc.blogspot.com/search/label/window%20mistreatments. (I already have my upholstery tacks!) I'll post photos once done! Can't wait!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails